Kim Mitzo Thompson has been a children's author and record producer along with her twin sister Karen Mitzo Hilderbrand for over 28 years. Known as the Twin Sisters® the duo have written thousands of products for children including over 3,000 songs, 500 digital albums, 160 ebooks, 500 teacher resources, 15 apps, and hundreds of books and more! Thousands of their products can be found on Amazon and are published by various publishers worldwide for distribution.
Besides being authors, the fraternal twins run two companies Creative IP, LLC and Twin Sisters IP, LLC. Both are dedicated to creating and licensing exceptional products worldwide. Kim graduated from The University of Akron with a Master's Degree in "Integrating the Arts in the Elementary School Classroom". Her teaching degree has allowed her to create educational and inspirational products for children worldwide. Kim enjoys sports, especially basketball, writing books for children, cooking, and being a mom to her three children, Austin, Morgan and Bailey.
Her many awards and accomplishments include:
* Recipient of a Platinum Album for "Nature Sounds" signifying sales of over 1,000,000 units sold. (Now with sales over $2.0 million albums)
* Recipient of 9 Gold Albums for Nature Sounds, Phonics, Classical Music, 102 Children's Songs, Traditional Lullabies, Christmas Jazz, Christmas Memories, Acoustic Christmas, and Christmas Through the Eyes of a Child signifying sales of over 500,000 units per title.
* Recipient of over 170 National Awards for educational excellence, creativity, play value and classroom and family fun - National Parenting Publications Award, Dr. Toy's Best Children's Products, Learning Magazine's Teacher Choice Award, The National Parenting Center Seal of Approval, and more.
* Voting Member of NARAS - Grammy Awards for over 22 years
* Sales of over 45 million albums